With any Ork army you’re going to have a ton of skin to paint. This might seem a bit daunting but in this tutorial we’re going to show you some simple steps to get your boys on the tabletop and looking their best. Lets get started!
Citadel Warboss Green
Citadel Skarsnik Green
VGC Off White
Citadel Coelia Greenshade
Citadel Elysian Green
H&S Evolution AL Plus Airbrush
Windsor and Newton Series 7 Size 0 Brush
1. As always we’re going to start with a smooth basecoat of primer. We finished the basing here aswell to allow for some messy drybrushing but you can leave that till later if you’d prefer.
2. Basecoat all of the skin using Warboss Green.
3. Wash the skin with an all over shade of Coelia Greenshade.
4. Making sure to leave the shade showing in the recesses layer the skin with Warboss Green.
5. Using a 50/50 mix of Warboss Green/Skarsnik Green area highlight the upper volumes of the skin.
6. Highlight the skin with pure Skarnsnik Green.
7. Using a 50/50 mix of Elysian Green/VGC Off White highlight the most prominent points of the skin.
With that the skin’s all finished. All that’s left to do is pick out the other details and your boy will be ready to join the WAAAGH!
If you’re just looking to get your models on the table as quickly as possible you can skip steps 5 and 7. I find they add some nice pop to the skin though so like to include them whenever possible.
Did you find this tutorial helpful? Will you be using it yourself? Which Ork Clan do you think is the best? Let us know in the comments.
If you enjoyed this article here’s a few ways you can support us: Check out our commission service and let us get your army painted and ready for battle. Place your next order with our affiliates Element Games using our referral link here. Share our posts and tell your friends. Thanks very much!